Friday, June 22, 2012

Another plastic cruiser company, similar to the Globe company in my first post, has a few pretty cool ads.

They don't have as much girl booty but they do  have some pretty chill tunes and more skating. Here's what I mean...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpQnhaOOlEE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_XV_O02UJU&feature=related

I really like the Stereo ads, especially the top one. I think they emphasize more on the skating, as well as the quality of their boards. ]\

Also, they were the company that came up with that "secret formula" of plastic that composes the decks. However, about twenty years ago, Penny got a hold of the recipe and released it before Stereo had a chance to. At least, thats what my little birdie tells me.


About the Stereo board. My brother has one, and I ride it quite a bit.
its a great board, it has some pretty amazing parts to it. However, it also has a lot of cons...

 I really like their deck top design, it gives you more control around the faster turns. It has a kind of ripple effect on top, rather than the Penny waffletop. On the Pennies (which I can barely control) I sometimes just slide off the top when I'm going too fast. The Stereo Vinyl's deck fixes that problem, as its deck gives you a whole lot more grip.

while the deck is great, the hardware has a lot to improve on. fresh out of the box, the bearings hardly move, but that goes for every new board. A little bearing grease and they improved. a little bit...

two weeks later, and they have hardly improved. If you are buying one of these, then I advise that you buy some Bones Reds or other bearings.

The trucks are okay, but not amazing. I definitely prefer the Penny's trucks. If you can, try and see if you can switch them out.

The Stereo vinyl cruiser is a cool little board and is definitely worth the 60 or so bucks you will pay for it..


No comments:

Post a Comment